Learn the latest techniques for successful bone regeneration and grafting for implant placement and ridge augmentation, esthetic implant procedures and socket grafting in this 2-day clinical course developed by Dr. Jovanovic.
Participants receive 1 clinical video DVD on Ridge Augmentation as review material.
DAY 1: AM - INTERACTIVE LECTURE (1/2 Day)
Biological and clinical aspects of advanced implant and bone reconstruction including the key elements for esthetic success will be discussed along with steps to manage the patient and the implant site.
- Treatment planning and patient selection for grafting procedures
- Concepts and techniques in bone grafting from incision to suturing.
- Extraction site management: immediate versus delayed implant placement with bone and soft tissue grafting
- Immediate extraction site techniques with internal grafting for maximum tissue preservation
- Prosthetic steps to assist in grafting and implant procedures for the clinician
- New technology using growth factors
DAY 1: PM - LIVE SURGERY OBSERVATION (1/2 Day)
During this 4-hour session 2 live surgery cases will be demonstrated. The first case is a posterior case for ridge and sinus augmentation purposes. The second case is an anterior esthetic case where details for optimal implant placement and site development will be demonstrated. The live surgery session is video taped through a high-quality macro 2-camera angle and a live audio feed for interaction between participants and the clinical team.
DAY 2: AM - HANDS-ON PORCINE LABORATORY (1/2 Day)
Participants will practice on mandibular pig jaw models, with the latest implant designs, microsurgical hand instruments, bone tacks, bovine filler materials and resorbable, membranes and rhBMP-2 growth factors with ti-mesh. The training
treatments will be:
- Tooth extraction with simultaneous implant placement and bone grafting with membrane placement
- Horizontal ridge augmentation with simultaneous implant placement, bone grafting with resorbable membrane placement
- Vertical ridge augmentation with titanium reinforced PTFE cytoplast membranes, bone tacks and bone fillers.
Each workstation is equipped with implant drill unit, dental implants, fresh pig jaw model, hand instruments, bone filler material and bone scrapers, collagen and PTFE membranes, growth factorst, fixation pins, and all disposable materials.
DAY 2: PM - INTERACTIVE LECTURE with TREATMENT PLANNING (1/2 Day)
Vertical and horizontal aspects of ridge, bone and extraction site augmentation. The quality and quantity of existing bone within the implant site will be examined, and a variety of augmentation approaches will be addressed, including:
- Potential intra-oral donor sites, as well as techniques for harvesting such sites
- Bone filler materials and rhBMP-2 growth factors
- Resorbable and non-resorbable membranes for localized ridge augmentation
- Growth factor protocol and results
- Clinicial solutions to biological bone regeneration and socket grafting
- The optimal selection of implant design, surface and position
- Learn the use of biomaterials and growth factors with autogenous bone and barrier membranes
- Treatment planning for esthetic cases and the development of gingival papilla support
- Complications, possibility of treatment and prognosis