Advanced Implant Surgical Hands-On Course: Socket Grafting, Horizontal and Vertical GBR, Soft Tissue Grafting and Open and Closed Sinus Lift Procedure - September 22, 2018
Dr. Sascha A. Jovanovic
January 01, 1970
January 3, 2019
Learn the latest techniques for successful sinus elevation and bone grafting, implant placement and complications/periimplantitis in this all encompassing 1-day clinical course developed by Dr. Jovanovic.
Class size is limited to 24 participants and includes lecture and hands-on workshop on fresh upper goat sinus models. This course is part of the 4-day Advanced Implant Therapy training and may be taken separately.
Participants receive 1 clinical video DVD on Sinus Elevation as review material.
COURSE FEE INCLUDES DVD:
VDL-05 DVD Sinus Elevation & Grafting by Drs. Istvan Urban and Sascha A. Jovanovic
INTERACTIVE LECTURE (1/2 Day)
A critical viewing of biological and clinical aspects of sinus elevation techniques including the key elements for implant success will be presented.
- Patient Selection and CT-Diagnosis.
- Flap Management, sinus elevation techniques, and suturing methods.
- Decision making and clinical protocol in osteotome versus Lateral window approach.
- Bone Grafting layering protocol with autograft, Xenograft and barrier membrane.
- New technology grafting protocol using rhBMP-2/INFUSE and bone fillers.
- Choice of implant system for sinus cases and when to stage the sinus bone graft?
- Diagnosis of problems and management of sinus complications
HANDS-ON LABORATORY WITH GOAT MAXILLA MODEL (1/2 Day)
Participants will practice on fresh goat maxilla models, with the latest implant designs, microsurgical sinus hand instruments, osteotome instruments, bovine filler materials and resorbable membranes and rhBMP-2/INFUSE bone graft.
- Lateral window approach using bone-cutting instruments.
- Internal sinus elevation using Osteotome techniques.
- Bone graft layering technique with barrier membrane.
- rhBMP-2/INFUSE bone graft and filler protocol.
- Implant placement technique.
- Extraction and sinus treatment.
- Flap management and suturing methods.
- Each workstation is equipped with implant drill unit, dental implants, fresh goat maxilla model, sinus hand instruments, bone filler material, membrane, rhBMP-2 graft, suture materials and all disposable materials.
- Learn to perform sinus elevation surgery predictably.
- Identify the clinical and practical benefits of minimally invasive osteotome sinus elevation.
- Learn the technique for performing highly predictable lateral window surgery.
- Identify a biological protocol using graft materials for sinus elevation.
- Learn how to prevent and treat complications.